Friday, August 27, 2010

Last-Minute Summer Road Trips in Your Hand

Summer is drawing to a close, but that doesn't mean there isn't time for one last weekend (or week-long) getaway. You won't need a guidebook to do it. Digital travel apps are less expensive, often more up-to-date and ideal for spur-of-the-moment road trips when you just want the facts, ma'am, and not a lot of heavy reading.

If you've got an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, check out these travel apps hand-picked by Road Trips for Girlfriends. I was psyched to have my travel app, Viva Las Vegas, Baby!, featured in their round-up of top travel apps. Also check out the huge variety of apps written by my colleagues, from legendary watering holes in Chicago to discovering the flip side of Kansas City.

Speaking of road trips, I'm off to Alaska soon. Stay tuned!

Have a favorite digital travel app you can't live without? Tell us your recommendations by leaving a comment below.

1 comment:

  1. When I last stood on the corner of Trop and The Strip, I was using my iPod Touch with Viva LV Baby! running; I quickly realized how fast and easy it was to to figure out Sin City - just like I play blackjack, fast and easy. It's great to have the future of travel in my hand. Thanks Indie Traveler!

    ReplyDelete